carpediem

carpediem

Friday 22 June 2018

Croatia, part V - Zadar, part (ii)






It's fitting, I think, to write this entry just when Croatia has won so spectacularly over Argentina. 3-0, that's a take. I started this blog - and my Euro journey - 4 years ago, during the last World Cup. So much has happened since then.

It was the morning of my first and only morning in Zadar (on this trip anyway) and I decided to go for a walk, despite my foot. Going to the Sea Organ was somewhat out of the question because it looked so far away (actually I just checked google maps again and it says it's a measly 700m), but my foot was in such bad shape that I didn't want to over-exert it, so I ended up pacing the sealine along the Sveučilište u Zadru - the University of Zadar, which was a far more manageable 240m, although by the time I started heading back inland my foot was beginning to act up again and walking was becoming difficult once more. For someone like me who enjoys walking so much, it was pure torture, being put out of action like this, especially in a town as lovely and serene as Zadar. I had the entire sealine to myself most of the time, and there was hardly a soul to be seen, and it was beautiful and desolate and heartbreakingly lovely.























Yes! Coffee in Zadar




Pizza bigger than my face





No comments:

Post a Comment