carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 10 June 2018

Slovenia, part II - Slovene food at the Druga Violina and Sokol

Tapas


I spent most of my time in Ljubljana eating, because it was cold, there wasn't really that much to do in the city, and the food was nice. It wasn't like Polish or Slovakian food, which I really don't like that much - it was savoury Yugoslav food which came in sensible portions, which was much more up my alley. Polish and Slovakian food is a bit too heavy and salty for my liking.

Druga violina was very nice - it was recommended to me by a lovely American girl I'd met back at the hostel, who was a few years older than me. I went there with two American uni students who were taking a long weekend in Ljubljana, and whilst the boys meant no harm, their table manners really did leave something to be desired. The Slovene waiters shot glares at our table from the bar as the guys burped and put their iphones in my wine glass 'for better acoustics,' and when my chicken noodle soup came, one of the guys, who had ordered the exact same dish as I had, loudly complained that I had much more noodle than he did. I usually have a fairly thick skin, but I wanted to sink into the floor from embarrassment at my tablemates' manners.

Oh well, pictures galore.



Potica (Slovenian Nut Roll)

Rakija on the house









Chicken noodle soup

Buckwheat is always one of my favourite dishes









Comes in handy, I would imagine












No comments:

Post a Comment