carpediem

carpediem

Friday 15 June 2018

Croatia, part III - Zagreb (iii): More of Gornji Grad



I'm a bit drunk and I had a bit of a bad day. Here's more of Gornji Grad.

UPDATE: I'm slightly woozied but that's because I had an awesome day.

Last entry proper on Zagreb. This was the third day, and much as I enjoyed the city, I was also a little tired of it. There isn't really that much to do in Zagreb, and three days there was really pushing it, especially for me.

I'd hurt my foot slightly on the night of the second day, although how I'd managed that still remains a mystery to me. All I'd noticed was that my left foot was starting to feel slightly tighter than normal, and I'd written it off and thought that a good night's sleep would cure that. It did, or so I thought, but halfway on my way to the bus station it began to hurt again, to the extent that I actually had to limp painfully during the latter half of my journey as that was the only sort of walk I could manage.

Anyway, I thought to myself, it was a 5 hour bus journey to Zadar, so I wouldn't have to do that much walking and I could give my foot some rest. Which wasn't wrong... but I'd really underestimated how much my foot hurt. I was practically yowling with pain during the entire duration of my stay in Zadar, and then made the mistake of googling my symptoms, and that was the closest I've ever come to packing up and going home. Which thankfully I was talked out of by Lital and Nadia.










Overpiced








































No comments:

Post a Comment