carpediem

carpediem

Saturday 23 June 2018

Croatia, part VII - Split (i)

Keep calm and visit Split


During my time in Croatia, my behaviour pattern would usually follow the same trajectory - I would get off the bus at a new city, my jaw would hit the ground, and I'd softly say "Wow," as I drank in the unbelievable beauty of my surroundings, whilst thinking to myself that my decision to quit my job really was the best thing I did all year. It happened in Zadar and now in Split. Split especially, in retrospect, was my favourite city out of the ones I visited this time. The entire city was very laidback and chill, and it was a bit warmer than Zadar or any of the other regions I'd been in before. The food was awesome and although I'm going to be crucified for saying this, they had the best cevapi I tasted in the Balkans in my opinion. Or maybe I just went to the wrong places - but the right one for this.















The hostel was about half an hour's walk from the autobuska stanica according to google maps, and since my foot was injured, I had to double that time, so I decided to just take it easy, and amble/meander my way there. The weather was immaculate and so was the city, and on my way there I passed a number of waterfront bars that all but beckoned to me, and I was unable to resist the siren call of Adriatic coffee on the sea, so off I went.




Really needed this pick me up after the long and sometimes boring bus journey








And here's the hostel. Met some good people here, was asked by an American girl to read her CV and cover letter for her (I wonder if she ever got the job?) and played Uno and won.









No comments:

Post a Comment