carpediem

carpediem

Friday 8 June 2018

Italy, part XXVI - Bologna, part II: Le due torri, Santo Stefano, more San Petronio Basilica and Piazza Maggiore



I've just had a pint of Orchard Thieves, and polished off two beers, and am feeling a bit light headed and not wholly in a good way. I'm listening to Jay Chou's old songs, the ones I used to listen to in high school and middle school, and it's a strange feeling. I'm not wholly happy nor sad.

I was actually in Bologna for less than half a day, it was more of a stopover than anything to break up my journey to the former Yugoslavia. Half an hour to Bologna from Florence by high speed rail, then 2 hours I think it was? via flixbus to Venice, and then the slightly longer slog from Venice to Ljubljana, also via flixbus, that took 4 hours ish.

The flixbus ended up being more than an hour late and I was really annoyed as it ate into my time in Venice and kind of ruined my experience there as I had to madly rush through it all and honestly thought I'd miss the bloody bus. If that trip had been on this one instead of my November one I can guarantee that I would have missed it. As it was, I managed to catch my bus and arrive in Slovenia as planned, against all odds. I had the most devastatingly bad luck during my latest sojourn in Europe continent (or maybe it just feels that way because negativity bias plus proximity, but irregardless), and I don't intend to repeat that experience ever again. I know part of it is my fault, but I also heartily blame a certain person, who shall not be named because I already have enough of his vibes in my life as it is and I don't need more of them. Sick and tired of him already.

Anyway, back to Bologna, and now it's pictures galore.







A barber's shop in the bus station































No comments:

Post a Comment