carpediem

carpediem

Monday 4 June 2018

Italy, part XX - Florence (ii): Duomo di Firenze and Museo Casa di Dante

More Duomo


Of course I had to visit the Casa di Dante , the erstwhile dwelling of the great Florentine poet and wordsmith, whose celebrated work Inferno is responsible for my favourite phrase, the timeless "In the midst of the journey of our life, I found myself astray in a dark wood, where the straight road had been lost.."

The museum was relatively cheap to enter (4 euros I think), and it was small and simple. Got the job done is the phrase that comes to mind. There were a lot of exhibitions on the Renaissance period of Italy, and rather less Dante than I had expected. There was however the death mask of Dante, and some original manuscripts, and a few facsimiles, as well as some rather intriguing diagrams of Dante's version of Hell, or of course Inferno.

Pictures galore.



Fun days











Lunch at a panini shop off the Duomo.





It was good, but it was a panini 








Outer facade of Museo Casa di Dante


Museo Casa di Dante 










Dante's death mask










No comments:

Post a Comment