carpediem

carpediem

Saturday 30 June 2018

Montenegro, part VII - Kotor (vii): Kotor Old Town and the Venetian fortifications - also, Montenegrin food

Bay of Kotor
The Venetian fortifications surrounding the old city


After I got back to the city, I went for lunch at a restaurant that was clearly overpriced and aimed at tourists, but at the same time the food was so genuinely good I didn't mind the exorbitant prices that much. I ended up recommending it to the Japanese guy at the hostel.












Went out for an evening walk as well. The trail up to Kotor Fortress is lit by night, but I hope no one actually goes there - a) it's just not safe enough, and b) it looks severely haunted.










Whatever you do, don't follow the lights..



Anyway, last few walking around Kotor, with a promise to come back. I went to bed feeling quite happy, and looking forward to going to Bosnia tomorrow. I had an early bus to catch to Mostar, and the morning dawned rainy and cold, but that's life on the road for you. There was heating in the bus and overall it was a nice journey, so I have no complaints.















The AS. Until next time, lovely Kotor!



No comments:

Post a Comment