carpediem

carpediem

Sunday 24 June 2018

Croatia, part X - Split (iv): Hadrian's Mausoleum and a bit of Kantun Paulina



This'll be my last entry on Split proper, as my next few entries will be dedicated to my day trip in Omiš.

Hadrian's Mausoleum was very interesting to look at and made for some really nice pictures. After that I went to Kantun Paulina to get a burger. I was look at tripadvisor's recommendations on good budget eats in Split, and noticed the insanely high rating that Kantun Paulina had received, then got up and went out to do some walking around. On my way back to the hostel I walked past Kantun Paulina, and thought to myself - wait, isn't that the restaurant place I saw on tripadvisor? Might as well give it a go. And sure enough - best cevapi I've had in this region. I went back again during the evening to get another one as a late-night snack. I can't imagine that it's too healthy eating this on a regular basis; I think they deep fry the cevapi in pork oil, which is then used to douse the burgers to give the bread that fresh-fried aroma, but once or twice on holiday is fine, and a holiday is never complete without the food.

Split cevapi










































I walked around the old town at night again and decided to get one last drink before my early morning bus the next day to Dubrovnik, and then Montenegro. The drink didn't taste as good as it looked, unfortunately. Maybe it would have tasted nicer if it had been chilled.



I wish it tasted as good as it looked





No comments:

Post a Comment