carpediem

carpediem

Wednesday 27 June 2018

Montenegro, part II - Kotor (ii): More Bay of Kotor




Kotor is one of those places that seems removed from the actual world. It is a real, bustling, lively town, make no mistake about that, but its sheer, breathtaking beauty and most of all the fact that it seems so untouched by the outer world - make it different from all the other places I've been to. It's a pity that Kotor is so difficult to get to, otherwise I would make a point of going there at least once every few months. It's difficult to describe in words, but being there felt as if my soul was being exfoliated from all my worldly troubles.

The main geographical formation here are limestone karst cliffs, and my trip here to the Balkans has firmly established limestone as my favourite type of rock.


















Wide-angle view







Kotor Fortress



Entry to the Old Town


Sneak peek of the Old Town



No comments:

Post a Comment